Semi-Transparent Wood Stain Colors
Armstrong's Semi-Transparent Wood Stain. Armstrong's has nondrying conditioning oils that separate from the drying side of the formula. These oils penetrate deep into the wood fiber where the wood's natural oils used to be. This process rejuvenates the wood. The drying oils stay at the surface, lock in the conditioning oils and create a dry to the touch barrier. Armstrong's formulas also contain vegetable oils, transparent oxide pigments, water repellents, mildecide and solvent. Armstrong's contains no titanium dioxide (white) like competing products. (Driftwood Tone excluded)
Product Rain Test
- Can be applied in direct sunlight and heat of day.
- If the first coat penetrates within 30 minutes a second coat can be appliced for extra protection.
- Apply coating and let it soak in overnight.
- Easily applied by brush, roller, garden sprayer or airless spray equipment.
- When spraying - back-rolling or brushing will help even out appearance. If there are any puddles or glossy spots after 24 hours, remove with dry rag.
- Non-drying oils penetrate deep to recondition older wood.
- Drying oils, pigments and water repellents protect against water and UV damage and lock in the nondrying oils.
- No offensive odor.
Wood deck before treatment with Armstrong's
wood stain. Note that the water is soaking into the wood allowing damage to occur.
Same wood deck after treatment. Note that Armstrong's
wood stain repels the water like a newly waxed car.
Water is not allowed to soak into the wood which would
allow infestation and damage to occur.
Armstrong-Clark Company. Environmentally Friendly Oil Based Wood Stains. 68% of our ingredients are from renewable & recycled materials.